This position supports the Department of State’s linguist service requirements in overseas locations and contingent upon contract award.
- Conference Interpreters
- Simultaneous Interpreters
- Consecutive Interpreters
- Able to interpret and translate materials (spoken and written) to and from Arabic and/or Kurdish.
- Personnel must have a command of written and spoken English that is the equivalent of ILR S4/R4.
- Personnel must have one of the following:
- Undergraduate Degree where Major Study was 1) the required foreign language from an English-speaking university or 2) English from a university in the other country where the required foreign language is spoken
- Specialized Experience: Two or more years’ experience in translating, interpreting, or other work requiring the use of English and the other language(s).
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Training at the Defense Language Institute, Foreign Service Institute, or comparable training institute.
- Office of Language Services (OLS) experience.
- Must be a U.S Citizen with Security Clearance or able to acquire one
* Federal requirements mandate that all applicants for this position must be U.S. citizen.
* Priority will be given to applicants with active security clearances.
Who we are:
Torden LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VA-certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. We conduct business in an open, informal, and international working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and an opportunity for growth.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team with a mission to serve? We are always on the lookout for motivated, qualified people who have a mindset of serving and embrace our values. Do you have what it takes?
If so, click the link below. Complete your application. Save it and email it to email@example.com.