Description: Project Manager/Lead Trainer managing a program in support of assessing and monitoring various projects for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) throughout Afghanistan.
- Manage day-to-day assessment and oversight operations
- Serve as overall project manager during in-country activities
- Responsible for identification, development, implementation, and management of monitoring tasks, work orders, and related activities
- Ensure only vetted and approved Afghan local nationals are employed and properly trained
- Manage, provide guidance, and oversee all Afghan local nationals on program
- Ensure appropriate performance measurement tools relevant to pre- and post-training data are accurately completed for all program personnel
- Finalize work plans, schedule assessments, and other monitoring needs in coordination with INL
- Serve as program lead during monitoring and assessment tasks
- Responsible for drafting and submitting assessment reports
- Ensure on-time delivery of tasks, including all work products, M&E deliverables, training, etc.
- Travel within Afghanistan to monitor Task Order and personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years project/program management experience
- Minimum of 2 years Department of State/INL experience in Afghanistan or monitoring and assessment experience
- Minimum of 4 years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Experience conducting assessments and measuring outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience/demonstrated ability to communicate diplomatically with high ranking members of U.S. and foreign governments
- Demonstrated experience improvising and adapting to changing operational requirements
- Ability to independently resolve problems
- Experience leading teams in a multinational training environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to take initiative – ability to independently analyze and recommend solutions for challenges in a fast paced environment
- Experience living/working in a developing country or post-conflict setting
- Successfully pass medical screening
- Willing to travel throughout Afghanistan as required
- Ability to speak and read foreign languages, especially Dari and/or Pashto is preferred
- Familiarity with Afghanistan is a plus
- Ability to successfully obtain a Secret security clearance
* Priority will be given to applicants with experience in assisting the U.S. Department of State, UN, or NATO in Afghanistan.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and paid time off benefits.
Who we are:
Torden LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VA-certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. We conduct business in an open, informal, and international working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and an opportunity for growth.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team with a mission to serve? We are always on the lookout for motivated, qualified people who have a mindset of serving and embrace our values. Do you have what it takes?
Email your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.