Location: Washington, DC
Description: This is for a full-time position as an Arabic Media Analyst. This is an active opening.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with U.S. Government policy on designated issues
- Source publicly available, cleared U.S. Government information resources and from quality, on-line information
- Monitor Arabic online discussion forums, blogs/video-logs, bulletin boards, and other electronic media
- Alert State Department officers of issues warranting attention and possible response
- Propose and draft responses and other messages in English and Arabic languages, as well as translate responses into English for review
- Assist in the production and dissemination of multimedia materials.
- Post approved responses online
- Assist State Department in explaining U.S. policies to foreign audiences
- Assist State Department efforts to counter violent extremism and misinformation
- Graduate of an accredited university-level institution
- 2-3 years experience in an Analytical or Communications career field
- Working knowledge of online media and social networking platforms.
- Experience with multimedia production (video, audiovisual, graphics) is preferred
- Expertise in Arabic-language online environment and in-depth knowledge of culture and history of the countries where the Arabic language is the national language or widely spoken.
- Proficient in written and spoken Arabic
- Native Arabic language ability is preferred
- Able to pass State Department language qualification testing (i.e., timed exercises in which candidates are required to compose texts in Arabic and discuss the meanings in English).
- Possess a (U.S.) high school-level equivalent written and spoken English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to conduct accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation
- 5+ years of living experience in an Arabic speaking foreign country as an adult is preferred
- Must be able to think quickly and work in a challenging atmosphere as part of a team
- This is not a linguist position. Analysts are required to perform analysis contributing to critical national level objectives
- Active Security clearance is preferred
- Ability to obtain Moderate Public Risk Certification is required
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card Holders
* Priority will be given to applicants with active security clearances.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and paid time off benefits.
Who we are:
Torden LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VA-certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. We conduct business in an open, informal, and international working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and an opportunity for growth.
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team with a mission to serve? We are always on lookout for motivated, qualified people who have a mindset of serving and embrace our values. Do you have what it takes?
Email your resume and contact information to email@example.com.