- Interpretation Proficiency in Pashto (PU)
- Proficiency in PU (ILR Level 3/3)
- Working proficiency in English (ILR Level 3/3)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation
- Must have typing and computer skills
- Must be able to think quickly and work in a challenging atmosphere as part of a team
- Ability to understand the essentials of all speech between two native speakers in a standard dialect and have broad enough vocabulary to require little to no assistance for paraphrasing or explanation.
- Ability to make and receive phone calls in Pashto.
- Ability to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers
- Ability to understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports, and public addresses on non-technical subjects.
- Preferred: Individuals with an active TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI access
- Ability to successfully complete prescribed CI security interview in order to obtain an interim TS clearance with interim SCI access
- All candidates must pass a U.S. Government Counterintelligence (CI) screening and polygraph
- U.S. Citizenship
* Federal requirements mandate that all applicants for this position must be U.S. citizens.
* Priority will be given to applicants with active security clearances.
Torden offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance; paid time off; completion payments at 6 and 12 months; and travel benefits.
Who we are:
Torden LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VA-certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. We conduct business in an open, informal, and international working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and an opportunity for growth.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team with a mission to serve? We are always on the lookout for motivated, qualified people who have a mindset of serving and embrace our values. Do you have what it takes?
If so, click the link below. Complete your application. Save it and email it to email@example.com.
Do you know someone who meets these qualifications? You could receive an incentive for referring qualified Pashto linguist candidates.