Torden is seeking qualified language professionals to provide on-site interpretation services in support of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ various state and local agencies. This work is an as-needed basis and requires interpreters with flexible schedules.
Language requirements include, but are not limited to: Portuguese, Spanish, Albanian, Arabic,Armenian, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Creole, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kinyarwandan, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Moldovan, Norwegian, Pashtu, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdi, Vietnamese, and Yiddish.
Medical Interpreters will provide oral language assistance. Must possess a high level of interpretation skills and proficiency in both the English language and the non-English speaker’s language. Must demonstrate a knowledge of specialized vocabulary including basic medical terminology in both English and the foreign language typically used in systems including but not limited to health care systems, social service systems and legal systems.
Minimum Required Interpreter Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of professional experience in medical interpretation
- At least one of the following certifications:
1. Interpreter Certification from an Accredited University or Institution.
2. Community Interpreter Certification from an Accredited Organization.
3. Legal Interpreter Certification from an Accredited Organization.
4. Medical Interpreter Certification from an Accredited Organization.
5. The Translators and Interpreters Guild Certification.
6. Federal, State or the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT) certification.
7. Judiciary Interpreters and Translators Certification Examination (JITCE) certification will be accepted.
8. Passage of one or all of the following levels of State Department examination: (1) Escort; (2) Conference; and (3) Seminar.
- Demonstrated and certified ILR at 3 for both English and non-English language
Who we are:
Torden LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VA-certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. We conduct business in an open, informal, and international working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and an opportunity for growth.
Qualified applicants please email your resume and contact information to email@example.com. Please indicate the position(s) and languages for which you are interested,